Monday, November 03, 2008

Read the Word Of God Daily

"www.abcgallery.com."

Read the Douay-Rheims Latin Vulgate Bible everyday from Genesis to Apocalypse, the reading is currently at: Exodus 7:1-10

1 And the Lord said to Moses: Behold I have appointed thee the God of Pharao: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 2 Thou shalt speak to him all that I command thee; and he shall speak to Pharao, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land. 3 But I shall harden his heart, and shall multiply my signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, 4 And he will not hear you: and I will lay my hand upon Egypt, and will bring forth my army and my people the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt, by very great judgments. 5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, who have stretched forth my hand upon Egypt, and have brought forth the children of Israel out of the midst of them.

1 "The god of Pharao"... Viz., to be his judge; and to exercise a divine power, as God's instrument, over him and his people.

3 "I shall harden"... not by being the efficient cause of his hardness of heart, but by permitting it; and by withdrawing grace from him, in punishment of his malice; which alone was the proper cause of his being hardened.

6 And Moses and Aaron did as the Lord had commanded: so did they. 7 And Moses was eighty years old, and Aaron eighty-three, when they spoke to Pharao. 8 And the Lord said to Moses and Aaron: 9 When Pharao shall say to you, show signs: thou shalt say to Aaron: Take thy rod, and cast it down before Pharao, and it shall be turned into a serpent. 10 So Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharao, and did as the Lord had commanded. And Aaron took the rod before Pharao, and his servants, and it was turned into a serpent.

No comments: