Wednesday, April 09, 2008

How Assured Are You?


And Jesus said to them: I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger: and he that believeth in me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, that you also have seen me, and you believe not. All that the Father giveth to me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me, I will not cast out. Because I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him that sent me. Now this is the will of the Father who sent me: that of all that he hath given me, I should lose nothing; but should raise it up again in the last day. And this is the will of my Father that sent me: that every one who seeth the Son, and believeth in him, may have life everlasting, and I will raise him up in the last day.
John 6:35-40 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer Reflection

Dear Father it's a shame that Jesus had to say this "But I said unto you, that you also have seen me, and you believe not." For those of us who live in this time period have never seen Jesus, yet many of us believe in him. How truly wonderful that is, because we believe without seeing. What an awesome assurance to know that on the last day we will be raised to life everlasting. In this day and age where do we get this kind of assurance. One could say a person has job assurance and that it is ours for our lifetime, but even then the promise of job security is lost when things change. We don't always have 1o0% assurance in our daily lives because things tend to happen to keep us focused on you dear Father. But there is always the assurance that Jesus is right there by our sides, no matter what. It's time that we take a look and take stock of our surroundings and see what we have placed as a priority in our lives, 1: is it Jesus the very bread of life, or 2: what we have to live with on a daily basis.

No comments: