Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Peace

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give it to you.
Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.
You heard me tell you,
‘I am going away and I will come back to you.’
If you loved me,
you would rejoice that I am going to the Father;
for the Father is greater than I.
And now I have told you this before it happens,
so that when it happens you may believe.
I will no longer speak much with you,
for the ruler of the world is coming.
He has no power over me,
but the world must know that I love the Father
and that I do just as the Father has commanded me.”
John 14:27-31a

Prayer Reflection

Dear Father “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you," the very words Jesus spoke tells us it is only through him that we will find peace in our hearts. It is not what this world has to offer but what Jesus can only give. We all struggle in our lives to some extent, but where is it that we find true peace. I know where it is for me and that is placing my trust and love in Jesus, a place where I will always find his presence in the Eucharist. The peace that can only come from him. The truth of these words that Jesus spoke in how we feel many times unfulfilled by what the world offers, only shows how honest these words of Jesus are. Ever notice how peaceful we become when we are united to him. Our troubles seem small and insignificant in those moments. That's when we have been given his peace as he had said. Dearest Father it is right to say then that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life after all.

No comments: