Friday, April 18, 2008

Pointing The Way


Jesus said to his disciples:
“Do not let your hearts be troubled.
You have faith in God; have faith also in me.
In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places.
If there were not,
would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back again and take you to myself,
so that where I am you also may be.
Where I am going you know the way.”
Thomas said to him,
“Master, we do not know where you are going;
how can we know the way?”
Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.”
John 14:1-6 (NAB)

Prayer Reflection

Dear Father a scene comes to mind about working. While taking care of what has to be done on the job, a fellow worker comes by and says, "that's not the way to go, here let me show you." From this a person is guided in a job, shown how to go. We have the same when we go to school, we're shown the path that can lead to success. There are so many things that can lead us, ranging from books that teach us how to build, garden, sew, cook, you name it and you might find it. We have leaders that try to lead us on the right path. The scenarios could go on and on as a case in point. The Gospel is the right path to follow for all our daily living needs. But if you want to get to know God, then following the path that brings us to Jesus will most certainly get us to God. Dear Father it is such a wonderful way to get to you through your Son. He is the go between and a delightful way. There are so many things in this life that point the way to happiness, but none can beat Jesus on the list he is the way, the truth and the life.

No comments: