Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Making A Claim

The feast of the Dedication was taking place in Jerusalem.
It was winter.
And Jesus walked about in the temple area on the Portico of Solomon.
So the Jews gathered around him and said to him,
“How long are you going to keep us in suspense?
If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
Jesus answered them, “I told you and you do not believe.
The works I do in my Father’s name testify to me.
But you do not believe, because you are not among my sheep.
My sheep hear my voice;
I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.
No one can take them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all,
and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand.
The Father and I are one.”

John 10:22-30 (NAB)

Prayer Reflection

Dear Father no matter how much we strive to have you as part of us, we all try hard to be the ones who can claim to be your sheep whether we are lost or not. Oh God, how easy it is for us to follow the voice of the world and so hard to hear the voice of your Son. But your Son knows his sheep and they know him. How do we know this? Easily, by the love we have for Him and you . How wanting to follow your Word is foremost in our lives. It is loving you first and our neighbor as ourselves that prove we believe. The devil can try very hard to shake those who follow you loose from your heart, but he will not succeed when they are steadfast and loyal and believe in all that you stand for, love in the first degree. Love conquers and in that regard know that Jesus and you are one. I can make claim to this truth, how about you?

No comments: