Friday, February 17, 2006

Ashamed of Each Other

We all follow Jesus when it's convenient for us, such as once or twice a year Mass. We shun those who have a deep faith, and think them odd, because they do follow Jesus. Our guilt when we are near a person of faith is amazing, how we seem to avoid them. They are a reminder of where we lack faith in ourselves. Yet by those very acts we are ashamed of Jesus. We all too often segregate ourselves in all possible situations, if my love for God is greater than yours avoid me please, it delights me. You have nothing to fear from me having a greater love, just as I have nothing to fear when you pronounce your deep love for a spouse, a child, it's no different. Should I avoid you then because your deeply in love with your Mate. If that be the case then I would be ashamed of the one who made me. Such is the teaching of Jesus as he says "Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this faithless and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels." Jesus gives us powerful words to live by, in order for us to live fully in him. Little do we know that when we reject him daily, we kill him all the faster in our lives, we bring death ever closer. I for one am not ashamed of Jesus, I am not ashamed of God, I am not ashamed of the Holy Spirit. God Bless you all with a smile in your heart

No comments: