Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thursday, First Week of Lent

In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:12


This is so straight forward it's not hard to understand. Yet it's one thing many do not do. When we do things for others out of the kindness of our hearts, people tend to tromp on them just for being nice. I can easily give an example of this. I do my homework, but I am called upon by one of the students for my homework. Since there is a language barrier at times, it is often difficult to understand a request. I did not have this particular homework, plus I kept saying something else because I could not seem to understand what she was talking about. Anyway, being nice does not guarantee niceness in return. This person was angry because I did not give. And it continues each day now with a mockery. With the other students following suit, yet they all claim to be Christians.
By their actions they have showed me their own uncharitableness. But today it happens to many people out there, and we wonder why the world is going to the devil.

No comments: