Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wednesday, First Week of Lent

Psalm 18:2-4

I love you, Lord, my strength,
my rock, my fortress, my savior.
My God is the rock where I take refuge;
my shield, my mighty help, my stronghold.

The Lord is worthy of all praise:
when I call I am saved from my foes.


I took this reading from this mornings psalm from the Liturgy of Hours for today's Lenten reflection.
Where we should automatically know this in our hearts. I do not mean know the text by heart but know that this is God and how he is our Rock, our Refuge, our Shield, our Mighty Help, and most of all our Stronghold.
There are people in the world who have very little, who truly are starving, because we take so much away from them, in order to promote a new area of growth for those who are abundant. How evil that is, to make new for those who have but yet we cannot do for those who are thought of beneath them. This seems to be the practice of many companies, who build in order to reap more. Just like anything else it is a controversial subject.
Many who have nothing look to God for his constant strength, to be their refuge, their shield, the very rock that keeps them stable in a world where they live in instability. Each day they encounter strife, they give praise to God for seeing them through another day, where they call upon God to conquer and vanquish their foes.
For those who have nothing have truly the Kingdom of God, for the suffering they endure by the hands of others, where evil is their daily foe.

No comments: