Monday, March 06, 2006

Beginning of the Day, Monday, First Week of Lent

As I begin my day, I listen to the Lord's Supper, sung by John Michael Talbot, the best of his works so far. I am awestruck on how the song "We Shall Stand Forgiven" comes to life. This song is the beginning of the penitential rite.
I confess to almighty God, and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have sinned through my own fault in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done, and what I have failed to do; and I ask blessed Mary, ever virgin, all the angels and saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
With the song continuing with Lord, have Mercy, Christ, have Mercy, where it never fails to lift up my soul to our Lord. With all the well meaning intentions to follow your way Lord, I falter, I fail, to feed those who are less fortunate than I, yet I too am one of the less fortunate. That does not excuse me from offering what meager belongings I have, nor does it excuse me from loving my neighbor any less. If anything I love them all the more, for your sake dear Father, because I see you in them. Because I believe in your Love.

No comments: