Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday, Fourth Week of Lent

I will put my trust in God my savior; my God will hear me! Micah 7:7

Today's reflection by Fr. Thomas Connery:

"Sister Susan Sheehan, a Franciscan nun, did heroic work during the siege of Bethlehem. She carried food and supplies by night to those living closest to the Church of the Nativity during the month long "around the clock" curfew. When asked if she worried about her safety, she confidently replied, "I trusted in God and never looked back."

Fear strikes all of us. We fear the nights and the beginning of a new day. We fear death and life. We fear sickness. We fear each other. How do we resolve our fears? First and foremost by trusting God.

Nothing is going to happen to you without God at your side to help you. The Scriptures do not promise that all will go as you plan, but God's plans will be done.

Trust God more and you will fear less.
"

I wanted to share this because it was beautifully put.For me realizing fear in my life had to do with sin, and the fear of God's wrath.I'm not perfect, I continue to stumble, but my hope is always being one with God, where he loves me in spite of my smallness. Where he loves all of us no matter what we have gone through, as long as we trust in him completely.

No comments: