Sunday, April 09, 2006

Choir of Angels

I always try to find out something, when I don't know what it is. So this afternoon while at Chapel I somehow knew about Seraphim, that this was an angel. But where in the order of angels is he. So I looked it up and this is what I found from "Catholic Online". Seraphim is from the Choir of Angels.

This is what is written:

Seraphim, These are the highest order or choir of angels. They are the angels who are attendants or guardians before God's throne. They praise God, calling, "Holy Holy Holy is the Lord of Hosts". the only Bible reference is Isaiah 6:1-7. One of them touched Isaiah's lips with a live coal from the altar, cleansing him from sin. Seraphim have six wings, two cover their faces, two cover their feet, and two are for flying.

Amazingly I didn't know this, as I am still learning. But for me it is always a wonder when little bits of heavenly things come. It as if it's a glimpse into God's life when we are open to His graces. Some where later on I will find out why Seraphin was given a thought. For now I will write to keep it fresh.

No comments: