Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday, Fifth Week of Lent

Sing to the Lord; praise the Lord! For he has delivered the life of the needy from the hands of evildoers. Jeremiah 20:13

Lord, I will sing your praise until the end of time, for you have not only delivered me from evildoers, but brought me out of darkness into your great light.

How many of us put ourselves into the darkness with our negative thinking, because of outside influences, I did. When we try to focus on the positive, yet the voice of those with a negative influence, take a grip, it is hard to shake free. As a testimony of my own, I can say that God does deliver us.

For a long time, I thought it would be impossible to go back to school, because of the cost, the time for study, and many other things that would make it difficult. Such thinking also involved, am I capable after not going to school in a very long time, and the answer is yes. What I found is a strong support system in my family, as they cheer me on.

I happen to be one of those people who went directly to work after graduating from high school, so you can imagine 30 years of not having a job that is supporting for two, let alone one person. Then when illness enters the picture and changes your life you can imagine the devastating effects. Such as how am I going to take care of myself, if anything else happens.

So again God delivered me, and put me in a position where I was able to receive schooling with financial aid, he gave me the chance to learn. What a loving God. He does things for us to help us see how truly special we are, when we ourselves don't always see it. And yes, at times those little thoughts of negativity do much harm to ourselves, but when we look at what Jesus has done for us to free us, our thoughts change, to think on the positive, to realize that with God nothing is impossible. He shows us the way, the truth and the life. He really does deliver us from evildoers, and I will sing his praise until the end of time.

I know there are many out there who lose hope, because of the crosses they endure daily. God gives us the strength to see each day with grace. If he wanted to take us home to him, so we would not suffer, then how would we be able to offer our suffering along with Jesus for the sake of his kingdom, for those who have no faith. We are his witnesses for those who do not believe in what our Lord went through. My life and some of the errors I have made may not be what people would understand, how is it possible for God to dwell within, very easy, I love him with all my heart, my mind, my soul. It is not only praise I give, it is my undying love I give to Him who made me.

No comments: