Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wednesday, Fifth Week of Lent

If our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire and out of your hand, O king, let him deliver us. Daniel 3:17

It is written king Nebuchadnezzar put three men to the furnace of fire, to witness a fourth accompanying them, all because they would not worship his idols.

Because of their unrelenting faith to God and not of the many idols, it was shown the mercy God delivered in their need, they were never alone.

Doesn't that show us that we never walk alone too. How when we faithfully follow God we are rewarded with this knowledge. All too often when we lack faith we tend to think God is never there, yet he is. It is recorded for us to know this, to strengthen us in time of trial.

I recall the story of "The Footprints", I had one to hang on my wall, that had the picture of one set of footprints. I'll always remember this, because of the many trials and detours I had taken, only to realize that he was beside me all the time, even when I didn't know he was there.

For me I suppose it was a way to always realize this truth, just like the three men who went into the furnace, they too were never alone. They were delivered from their enemy and put into the hands of God all because they worshipped God.


Father, today I pray that amongst the trials of this world we will strive to feel your loving touch upon our hands as you walk beside us.

No comments: