Sunday, May 28, 2006

Consecrate

Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world. And I consecrate myself for them, so that they also may be consecrated in truth. John 17:17-19

What a loving prayer Jesus prayed for us. How he dedicated his sacred purpose for our benefit. Why should he have done that when he is the Divine Son! To show us, that not only in his self giving on the cross, he gives himself totally for the truth of God's word so we will believe.

We who consecrate ourselves, do we live up to the truth of God's word. Many people consecrate themselves out of love for our Heavenly Mother, many do so in Jesus' name. Do we truly understand what consecrate means. For Jesus he dedicated himself for a sacred purpose, this is consecration in action. I consecrated myself to God, he is all I live for. I have dedicated myself to a sacred purpose in the truth of God's love. I'm sure there are many who desire this also. The world is not devoid completely of those who seek the truth.

The harm is when we profess a consecration and deny God his truth. His Word, His Son, His Spirit.

No comments: