Monday, May 29, 2006

Life

When I caught sight of him, I fell down at his feet as though dead. He touched me with his right hand and said, "Do not be afraid. I am the first and the last, the one who lives. Once I was dead, but now I am alive forever and ever. I hold the keys to death and the netherworld. Revelation 1:17-18

John had seen Jesus after his Resurrection and witnessed his Ascension to heaven. And now he is a witness to something far greater, the truth. Jesus tells him not to be afraid, to trust what he is seeing. It's not every day that we will have this. It is written for us, Jesus is truly the first and the last. The one who lives.

He lives with us constantly, within our hearts, minds, and souls. He is alive in the Eucharist, where we take him as living bread, nourishment of life. Where he is alive forever and ever.

When we don't live in Christ, we rob ourselves of life. People think, but we do have life, even though we do not know Jesus. Well if that is life then they have not known our Lord and the real life he gives. Believe me, you do not live until you have Jesus within you. Where our first thought is of him and our last thought is of him. He truly is the first and the last. This is where he is alive. He once was dead, now he lives within us.

No comments: