Sunday, May 14, 2006

What Fruit are We

If you remain in me and my words remain in you,
ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.
By this is my Father glorified,
that you bear much fruit and become my disciples
.
John 15:7-8

Do we ever notice the many times we asked for something in prayer, and later found it was answered. Keeping God's word close to our hearts enables us to ask in faith, for what we need.

I recalled all through my life, that most of what was asked for was answered. For me I noticed, even when I think I didn't notice. Most of everything written about is from observation, and from dealings with others. But mostly it is all guided by God's Spirit.

There is something about asking God to protect us, and it being delivered. All my life this was and will continue to be my prayer. There are times when I don't feel so protected, from people and often the cruelty that is dealt to others. I've witnessed people being deliberate, yet they go to Church. I am not to judge their hearts, but their actions speak loudly.

We are not producing fruit in those times. No matter how pious we are when these actions produce ugliness. It makes the rest of the Church look like rotten fruit.
When we remain in him, guaranteed all our actions are fruit producing of the sweetest kind. What fruit are we then? Sweet or bitter.

No comments: