Thursday, June 08, 2006

God Bless You



If we have died with him
we shall also live with him;
if we persevere
we shall also reign with him.
But if we deny him
he will deny us.
If we are unfaithful
he remains faithful,
for he cannot deny himself.
2Timothy2:11-13


The one thing that always stands out is "But if we deny him he will deny us." I will never forget this, because being ashamed of speaking about Him, denies him the very thing he asks of us. No matter what went on with me and my feelings of being ashamed, it still did not stop me from speaking about God. It stopped me from speaking of my encounter. But I am unimportant, as long as I understand that to deny him is to have him deny me. That is something I personally do not want to happen.

It's not often in our daily life we encounter people who do not deny God. Yesterday, a lady was visiting my parents, just before she left she said "God Bless You," that was the highest point of my day then. It was wonderful. The only time we sometimes hear reference to any mention of God is when someone says their prayers were answered while in a public place. It seems the only place is around our worship houses, or gatherings to study the word of God.

The glitch though is the ever present penchant to say His name in a swear. Now that flows constantly. That is one thing I have promised myself to never do, is use his name in a swear. It's just not right.

But how do we change things to allow for the freedom to speak of God. Yet we have freedom of speech, even that is curbed. The offense we do is against God by denying him. All so we do not offend others. Are we people pleasers then, and lost our right to please God. We know not what we do.

No comments: