Monday, June 26, 2006

Remove That Beam In My Eye

Why do you notice the splinter in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother’s eye. Matthew 7:3-5

I am the hypocrite, I have a beam in my eye that has yet to be taken out, and I sit in judgement of others and their sins. I follow the Word of God and I poke my finger in your face and say fix yourself. Am I any better than those around me, no. It's like when someone sees my errors and tries to help by suggesting how to go about my life. Do I listen? As much as possible. I want that huge beam in my eye gone. So I give this another thought.

Why is it brought to light the sins of those who serve the Lord? For what purpose and by whose hand has it come to light. Has the Holy Spirit brought the evilness to light to cleanse and make known what has been broken in order to mend it. The Commandments are for all who live. There are many who serve the Church as Lay people, who commit acts against God's commandments too. Jesus came to save us from ourselves. After all aren't we the one's who lie to ourselves the most, with the thought that no one will know the truth. None of us are perfect, we lie so much it's second nature. Who are we trying to protect ourselves from? Our neighbor, for fear that they will judge us for our sins. I went through this myself, fear of being judged by others because of my sins, when the one I need to worry about is God's wrath and no one elses. It's so easy to lie to ourselves to cover our own misdeeds. If it happened to me it happens to many out there. So I always point the finger in my direction first in order to yank out the plank within my own eye. Never to judge another. God Bless

No comments: