Thursday, July 20, 2006

Our Yoke

Jesus said:"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light." Matthew 11:28-30

Reflection:

There is something about being asked to come and follow me from Jesus. It is to lighten the burden that we carry. When we are asked to follow, in whatever vocation he puts us in. He lightens our loads so we can carry out what he asks of us with him by our side. He doesn't ask more than we can handle.

There are some who shoulder more that we could ever do ourselves, but they also are given the strength to carry the load. When we think about what we suffer, and what seems when more is added. Think about a pile of wood we carry, sometimes we can only handle a small bundle, other times we add more. Or to put it in another way, we ask for more to carry, because we know we can handle it. No matter what we do in our life, remember the many times we did our work and asked to do more, or took more to carry because we knew we could do it.

Do you also remember the days when you could not carry much at all? Everything seemed to be a struggle, but look where you are now. Think back on those times when you had the strength to carry extra and then think on the times when you couldn't. When did you seek God in those times.

No comments: