Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Saint Dominic

"Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit." Matthew 15:13-14

Reflection:

How true, if we are blind to the ways of God, how then can we lead others to Him. We would end up falling on our faces or as scripture says, fall into a pit.

God knows all that he has put on this earth, us included. So when satan, puts his own seeds out there, God's going to uproot them. But we all too often forget that God is far more powerful than evil. Evil is a nuisance to God, and rightly so.

Just think for a few minutes about situations that are not good. Do we sense unease at those times? How about a Christian that we know serves the Lord as a lay person, and shows in all outward appearances a devout person, but we witness during Mass an act of evil toward another. I've witnessed this phenomena, that is why I am speaking of it. We are not to judge another, it is for God to do so. And this is where he uproots the plants that are not His. This is why Jesus warns of the blind leading the blind. If we are like this one person that acts outwardly as a Christian, yet inwardly they do acts of evil. Then we need to really do some soul searching and major cleansing of our hearts.

Are we plants that are of God? Or are we plants that will be uprooted? As Christians are we also blind guides leading others that are blind. Going nowhere but into the pit.

Like anything in this life, we have choices. What's yours!

Happy Feast Day

2 comments:

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

Once, while sitting at the back of St. Edward the Confessor Parish in Westminster, Massachusetts, and preparing for the Sacrament of Penance, I was approached by a man in his fifties who lifted his walking cane and struck me on the back.

My crime? I had inadvertently sat in "his" seat. I should mention that the entire Church was empty and that this troubled man could have sat anywhere.

Needless to say, I simply moved after apologizing.

I pray often for that man. A lack of prayer leads to a lack of peace.

God love you,
Paul

Marie Cecile said...

I've had that too, a person grumbling because I sat in their seat. My mom had told me that people literally used to pay to have those spots in Church. I never knew that, but hear them mutter I have. What I was speaking about was something that was done on purpose to see a reaction. At that time, in the depths of my soul I heard, rebuke him. I didn't. I asked God to forgive this person instead.

As for your experience, that was pushing it on that man's part, to not have forgiveness in his heart. Your prayers and mine will hopefully bring conversion to his heart, and peace to his soul.

God love you,
Marie Cecile