Thursday, September 14, 2006

Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. John 3:16-17

Reflection:
Just as those in the first reading complained to Moses, I think dear God of the times I too, did the same. Without thought of your Son in those moments.

Today as I reflect upon your Words, I too recalled moments when my willfulness kept me away from the salvation your Son offered to us all. But I am deeply thankful for your saving grace through your Son.

Jesus you lifted up my eyes to gaze upon you in the Eucharist, a miracle at the time to see you present. I can say with my whole heart that God so loves the world to give us his only Son so that who believes in him might not perish but that the world might be saved through him.

If an insignificant person such as I can receive our Lord in the Eucharist in a special way, how much more he would do for others if only they would believe.

No comments: