Friday, January 05, 2007

Memorial of Saint John Neumann

Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence in God.
1 John 3:21

Reflection:
Ever wonder about the times when we think we are bad, when we know we've done something wrong, how instinctively we condemn ourselves. And those times when we do everything right.

When I am speaking to others and it doesn't come out right, there are times when I begin to reflect on what was said, and it's those times when I condemn myself for not speaking clearly. At those times I have no confidence in God. How easily it is to condemn ourselves. It is only when we truly commit error that our hearts condemn us.

For me my conscience has been conditioned to keep my eye upon God, so everything is under watch for me. You know when you love God we do all that is in our power to keep that love alive, and we do everything to keep our hearts on the path that gives us the constant confidence in God we always should have. When we love our neighbor, we trust in him who made us.

No comments: