Monday, February 19, 2007

It's Possible

Jesus said to him,"'If you can!' Everything is possible to one who has faith." Then the boy’s father cried out, "I do believe, help my unbelief!"
Mark 9:23-24

Reflection:
We pray for so much, for healing of our health, for healing of others health, and for just about anything under the sun. We have read about a man asking if Jesus can heal his son. And then I wonder too if I do the same when I pray. If you can Jesus!

Just like the trials that come our way are a test of faith, and we see that we can do what we didn't think possible. Like work with a disability. Find love with only half a functioning body. We see many live life with all the possibilities that are given to them with joy. How it truly is possible.

The boy's father out of his heart cried a prayer to help him as well as his son, "I do believe, help my unbelief." We witness a shaky belief made strong. His prayer brought him a greater faith. It took the "If" away from him and made him whole.

Are we too then praying with an "If" where are prayers may not be answered because we too lack faith, then maybe we too should say "I believe, help my unbelief!"

No comments: