Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday of the Seventh Week of Easter

Mass in the Morning

Peter turned and saw the disciple following whom Jesus loved,
the one who had also reclined upon his chest during the supper
and had said, “Master, who is the one who will betray you?”
When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, “Lord, what about him?”
Jesus said to him, “What if I want him to remain until I come?
What concern is it of yours?
You follow me.”
So the word spread among the brothers that that disciple would not die.
But Jesus had not told him that he would not die,
just “What if I want him to remain until I come?
What concern is it of yours?”

It is this disciple who testifies to these things
and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true.
There are also many other things that Jesus did,
but if these were to be described individually,
I do not think the whole world would contain the books
that would be written.
John 21:20-25

Prayer

Dear Father there are many things your son has done that we will never know of because they were many. You allowed what is important to be kept safe. Is it this then that we are to understand about our fellow disciples that it is Jesus' concern over them not ours. Yet all too often we are concerned about their business without truly loving them as Jesus loves them and cares for them. May I leave all my concerns of others in your Son's capable hands because he knows their hearts more than I do. May my love for God and others be my only concern.

No comments: