Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tuesday the Sixth Week of Easter

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Now I am going to the one who sent me,
and not one of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’
But because I told you this, grief has filled your hearts.
But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go.
For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you.
But if I go, I will send him to you.
And when he comes he will convict the world
in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation:
sin, because they do not believe in me;
righteousness, because I am going to the Father
and you will no longer see me;
condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned.”

John 16:5-11

Prayer

Dear Father we are truly the ones who benefit from your sons actions. He suffered and died and rose again in order for us to know and love the Holy Spirit, which is one with you. How blessed we are to read of this account from the time of your sons arrival and to the time of his departure where he will sit at your right hand. May we listen attentively to the Advocate to heed your Word so we may live. Amen

No comments: