Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wednesday the Seventh Week of Easter

Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed, saying:
“Holy Father, keep them in your name
that you have given me,
so that they may be one just as we are one.
When I was with them I protected them in your name that you gave me,
and I guarded them, and none of them was lost
except the son of destruction,
in order that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
But now I am coming to you.
I speak this in the world
so that they may share my joy completely.
I gave them your word, and the world hated them,
because they do not belong to the world
any more than I belong to the world.
I do not ask that you take them out of the world
but that you keep them from the Evil One.
They do not belong to the world
any more than I belong to the world.
Consecrate them in the truth.
Your word is truth.
As you sent me into the world,
so I sent them into the world.
And I consecrate myself for them,
so that they also may be consecrated in truth.”

John 17:11b-19

Prayer

Dear Father we are so very blessed to know that Jesus protected and guarded us since his time on earth. But how he continues to do so today in our own lives. How often we have consecrated ourselves too for the sake of belonging to you, the truth. It is touching to know that Jesus consecrated himself for us so that we may be consecrated in truth. May your Holy Word be all that is truth in our lives and may we live it for always. Amen

No comments: