Friday, August 10, 2007

Feast of Saint Lawrence, deacon and martyr

Amen, amen I say to you, unless the grain of wheat falling into the ground die, Itself remaineth alone. But if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world, keepeth it unto life eternal.

If any man minister to me, let him follow me; and where I am, there also shall my minister be. If any man minister to me, him will my Father honour.
John 12:24-26 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father how hard it is for us in this day and age to hate our life. We have so many things that make for an easy life. We have instant communication with those across the seas. We have material comfort, a constant supply of food and water. What more can we need or want. Except the one thing that truly gives us life, your Son Jesus. We have all that we need but for us to have life we must die to what we have. We must let go of our desire for the goods of the earth in order for us to have life. Where we follow Jesus and witness for the kingdom of God. This is where we find life and where we will always be close to God.

No comments: