Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Memorial of Saint Pius X, pope

Then Jesus said to his disciples: Amen, I say to you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say to you: It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. And when they had heard this, the disciples wondered very much, saying: Who then can be saved?

And Jesus beholding, said to them: With men this is impossible: but with God all things are possible. Then Peter answering, said to him: Behold we have left all things, and have followed thee: what therefore shall we have? And Jesus said to them: Amen, I say to you, that you, who have followed me, in the regeneration, when the Son of man shall sit on the seat of his majesty, you also shall sit on twelve seats judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall possess life everlasting. And many that are first, shall be last: and the last shall be first.

Matthew 19:23-30 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father with you it's possible. But I have to do my part as well and take up my cross and follow you with an undivided heart. To make the decision to do your will and seek you always in my life. By your grace dear Father you make the eye of the needle seem large when we make your ways our own, even though it is smaller than small and nearly impossible. You gave us life to be lived in you and with you, always as a part of you. I have forsaken those in my life to follow you always and evermore. Even though dear Father I seek your life and life everlasting and a place in heaven let me be last of all so I do not put any worth upon my self. May you dear Father make what is impossible in my life possible, and may I always seek to do your will. Amen

No comments: