Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What are we likened to?

And the Lord said: Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like? They are like to children sitting in the marketplace, and speaking one to another, and saying: We have piped to you, and you have not danced: we have mourned, and you have not wept. For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and you say: He hath a devil. The Son of man is come eating and drinking: and you say: Behold a man that is a glutton and a drinker of wine, a friend of publicans and sinners. And wisdom is justified by all her children.
Luke 7:31-35 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father how fickle we are at times. Jesus had pointed it out to the people of his time and they still didn't understand. Am I like that too dear Father? Do I put more importance on what I am doing in my day rather than thinking of you. How often have I attributed something you have done for me and did not recognize it but placed it with another source and given the credit to elsewhere. Probably many a time and with deep sorrow for not realizing the depth of your love. You sent your Son to save the lost children, the sinners who have gone astray. In your eyes each one of us is precious and I thank you for coming and saving me and opening my eyes to your love. I pray for the grace of wisdom, that I may continue on the path that brings me life. Amen

No comments: