Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mustard Seed

He said therefore: To what is the kingdom of God like, and whereunto shall I resemble it? It is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took and cast into his garden, and it grew and became a great tree, and the birds of the air lodged in the branches thereof. And again he said: Whereunto shall I esteem the kingdom of God to be like? It is like to leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
Luke 13:18-21 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father your love is like a mustard seed for me. You planted it in my heart and it has grown into a strong tree. Occasionally you prune the branches that wither and die, you shape me in a beautiful way so that I can shelter and love those you send my way. You planted the seed of faith that grew and blossomed where I too share what you have so generously given me. For me dear Father I can compare the kingdom of God by the love and faith that has grown within me. For many love is an emotion without thought to you and how it is given to others unconditionally, how it spreads and grows when given freely. Giving love and loving those who are hardened eventually find growth of a seed that was dormant. Your love dear Father is the greatest mustard seed I will ever plant and watch grow as I spread it to others. Amen

No comments: