Monday, November 26, 2007

Giving

And looking on, he saw the rich men cast their gifts into the treasury. And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in two brass mites. And he said: Verily I say to you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all: For all these have of their abundance cast into the offerings of God: but she of her want, hath cast in all the living that she had.
Luke 21:1-4 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer

Dear Father it's so easy to give when we have the means to do so. And so very hard to give up what we don't have to give at all. Yet Jesus in his beautiful way tells me that in that woman's want she gave more than they did, she gave her love with it. It takes love to give up what a person doesn't have extra of. It's sometimes amazing to discover how we grumble giving up the excess and to find a person willingly giving up what they don't have. It boggles the mind doesn't it. Love then has found it's very heart in the poor. Dear Father let love be my guide when I give without cost to myself for it is then I have given from my heart and given all that I have. Amen

No comments: