Saturday, November 17, 2007

Memorial of Saint Elizabeth of Hungary, religious

And he spoke also a parable to them, that we ought always to pray, and not to faint, Saying: There was a judge in a certain city, who feared not God, nor regarded man. And there was a certain widow in that city, and she came to him, saying: Avenge me of my adversary. And he would not for a long time. But afterwards he said within himself: Although I fear not God, nor regard man, Yet because this widow is troublesome to me, I will avenge her, lest continually coming she weary me. And the Lord said: Hear what the unjust judge saith. And will not God revenge his elect who cry to him day and night: and will he have patience in their regard? I say to you, that he will quickly revenge them. But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?
Luke 18:1-8 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer

Dear Father it is hard to pray at times when life was mired in sin. Often out of the depths of despair we have turned to you. Even when we have felt we were wronged we placed our trust and prayers with you for help in delivering us from our enemies. In our world today many pray to you for deliverance of their debts and the wrongs done to them as well as their own wrongdoing by spending what they have not. We often pray to be delivered without seeking the help to change what we have done in the first place. Help me dear Father to change my habits that create problems in my life. The same with my neighbor, if the love in my heart for them is dull then help me to brighten it up. There are many ways to fix me so I may do your will dear Father, then my prayers will be for others rather than for my own selfish reasons. Amen

No comments: