Thursday, January 03, 2008

Lamb of God

The next day, John saw Jesus coming to him, and he saith: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who taketh away the sin of the world. This is he, of whom I said: After me there cometh a man, who is preferred before me: because he was before me. And I knew him not, but that he may be made manifest in Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. And John gave testimony, saying: I saw the Spirit coming down, as a dove from heaven, and he remained upon him. And I knew him not; but he who sent me to baptize with water, said to me: He upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining upon him, he it is that baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and I gave testimony, that this is the Son of God.
John 1:29-34(Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer

Dear Father what powerful testimony your beloved John gave on behalf of your Son Jesus. We use his words in our daily Mass as a reminder that Jesus is the Lamb of God. He takes away the sins of the world. And happy are those that are called to his supper. Jesus baptizes us with the Spirit to know you. What a blessing it is to receive Him in the Eucharist where we will always find Him with eyes of faith and open hearts. The treasure beyond all treasures. May we come to see for ourselves the life that is there for us when we partake in unity with our Lord his undying love for us. And as John gave witness so too do I, for He truly is the Lamb of God, that he is the Son of our living God.

No comments: