Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One Big Family

And his mother and his bretheren came; and standing without, sent unto him, calling him. And the multitude sat about him; and they say to him: Behold thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee. And answering them, he said: Who is my mother and my brethren? And looking round about on them who sat about him, he saith: Behold my mother and my brethren. For whosoever shall do the will of God, he is my brother, and my sister, and mother.
Mark 3:31-35 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer Reflection

Dear Father we are not to exclude those around us as our mother, brother or sister as our own families. We should be letting those around us into our lives as if they've been there all along. The stranger that we come across, perhaps while shopping or paying a visit at Church. Each person who lives to you Jesus is family. Why should I think any different and exclude my neighbor in that same thought that you see each individual as your mother, brother or sister. For that matter I am grateful that you include me as part of that family. I know I have my own, but your love has extended mine to the many I come across and touch and who touch me and make me their family as well. Being in a family this way knows no bounds, because it is limitless and never ending. There is someone always being born as well as dying and I accept them all as my huge family. I may not be related by blood but in spirit we all belong as one.

No comments: