Friday, March 07, 2008

Against All Odds

I have discovered that when life throws upheavals, sometimes it's best to step away for a bit to get a better focus on what is happening and why. I went through a big question with what's happening in mine and try to see the positive in it. Like when our Lord went to preach in the temples when against all odds his life was threatened. He still went out and did the Father's Will. The last few days brought home to me how close God is even when I felt there was no hope in a future at the place I work. Jesus never gave up or walked away from his ministry or from doing his Father's work. We humans have a tendency to go off and lick our wounds until they heal, or run away from doing what we are called to do. We tend to take it out on God when things happen and do other things that might go against the kingdom of God.

I had a brief moment after I was told not to come in to work for today, a moment of uncertainty, of fear about how I will survive. In that moment I also forgot Jesus' teaching about not worrying, about letting go and letting God. These are the hardest moments in our lives and yet Jesus went to bat for us time and time again. So today I am here writing and not giving up, but starting again and renewing my promise and fidelity to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to follow him. Giving honor and Glory to God for all the love that he has in his heart for mankind. That means I will continue to do His work even against all odds. And should someone come along to help with God's work, I pray they will be very trustworthy and true to our Lord. It's not an easy road to travel, but worth it.

No comments: