Thursday, March 13, 2008

All For the Glory of God

Amen, amen I say to you: If any man keep my word, he shall not see death for ever. The Jews therefore said: Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest: If any man keep my word, he shall not taste death for ever. Art thou greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? and the prophets are dead. Whom dost thou make thyself? Jesus answered: If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father that glorifieth me, of whom you say that he is your God. And you have not known him, but I know him. And if I shall say that I know him not, I shall be like to you, a liar. But I do know him, and do keep his word. Abraham your father rejoiced that he might see my day: he saw it, and was glad. The Jews therefore said to him: Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham was made, I am. They took up stones therefore to cast at him. But Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple.
John 8:51-59 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer Reflection

Dear Father what do we do throughout our day to glorify you? Jesus did exactly that for you. He went around living your Word and doing your Will. Everything he did he did for you. I think we too can say the same thing when we take a look at our own lives and see Jesus' hand there. Unless we too are like those who attempt to kill him off. Like when we suffer at times, we pray for his help. But do we also give thanks for getting us through those troubling times. Or do we throw stones afterward, as in going about our business and not once keeping Jesus in focus, but putting him to the farthest corner of our thoughts. We do that with you too, don't we dear Father. But you are ever patient with us and wait for the day when we turn ourselves around come back to you.

No comments: