Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Which Kingdom

Again therefore Jesus said to them: I go, and you shall seek me, and you shall die in your sin. Whither I go, you cannot come. The Jews therefore said: Will he kill himself, because he said: Whither I go, you cannot come? And he said to them: You are from beneath, I am from above. You are of this world, I am not of this world. Therefore I said to you, that you shall die in your sins. For if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sin. They said therefore to him: Who art thou? Jesus said to them: The beginning, who also speak unto you. Many things I have to speak and to judge of you. But he that sent me, is true: and the things I have heard of him, these same I speak in the world. And they understood not, that he called God his Father. Jesus therefore said to them: When you shall have lifted up the Son of man, then shall you know, that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself, but as the Father hath taught me, these things I speak: And he that sent me, is with me, and he hath not left me alone: for I do always the things that please him. When he spoke these things, many believed in him.
John 8:21-30 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer Reflection

Dear Father we can only imagine Jesus saying this to us today. He would by right tell us the truth, because many of us have chosen the world over your kindgom. But the sad part would be told that we would die in our sins. That part would make me think in the way of correcting my life. No one wants to die in sin. Except many live life as if Jesus does not exist and they put off until it is almost the end of life to mend a rift between them and you. Jesus tells us to believe in him because he had said I AM, and we all know I AM is you dear Father. You and Jesus are one with the Holy Spirit. Jesus did your Will and did as he was asked, some went on to believe and others walked away when they knew truth anyway. It is believing that you sent Jesus and that Jesus is your son that will save many. How often do we refuse to believe when we encounter in our daily life and the many things you give us the proof of your love. You have given me much more than many and I already had believed long before I was given tangible proof. But what would it take for others to believe so they will not die in their sins.

No comments: