Thursday, April 24, 2008

Remain In His Love




Jesus said to his disciples:
“As the Father loves me, so I also love you.
Remain in my love.
If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love,
just as I have kept my Father’s commandments
and remain in his love.

“I have told you this so that
my joy might be in you and
your joy might be complete.”
John 15:9-11 (NAB)

Prayer Reflection

Dear Father we all know the happiness of being in love. The joy that we have is truly something special. It's quite a blessing to have love in our lives. It's even more so when we have it in you. Love is the greatest commandment and one that we break constantly. We break the hearts of those we say we love when we fall away and seek love elsewhere, not just in the physical sense but from our hearts. Many a times we declare undying love to them, only to end up not long after ending that love. Yet you dear Father love us unconditionaly, you don't do the fickle thing that we do. We've lost the sense of loyalty in each other, but you are loyal, steadfast and true. Why is it then that the one thing that Jesus asks of us to do is the hardest one of all. To love you as Jesus loves you and to love Jesus as you love him.

No comments: