Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ten Plus Two

Jesus said to his disciples:
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
And I will ask the Father,
and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always,
the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot accept,
because it neither sees nor knows him.
But you know him, because he remains with you,
and will be in you.
I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
In a little while the world will no longer see me,
but you will see me, because I live and you will live.
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father
and you are in me and I in you.
Whoever has my commandments and observes them
is the one who loves me.
And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father,
and I will love him and reveal myself to him.”
John 14:15-21 (NAB)

Prayer Reflection

Dear Father we all would love to have the Advocate as part of us, better known as the Holy Spirit. In this regard he is the Spirit of Truth. We all seem to put this aside many times because our human nature cannot handle this type of Truth. Thinking on how we deal with others each day, do we employ honesty and truth. Do we see God and Jesus in each other? Do we love God first and our neighbor? So many questions, yet simple answers. The two commandments Jesus gave us. It's all about love, when we truly love the way these two commandments speak, we will have the Spirit of Truth and see Jesus when he reveals himself to us.

No comments: