Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sacred Music

Has anyone ever just sat and listened to music that is in a sense positive? Pretty much Sacred Music is that. It's God's words being sung as a prayer, it lifts up our souls to God. Oftentimes as I listen to songs I sometimes feel as if my soul takes flight. I try to make note of those songs that evoke such ecstasy within my being. I recall that it happens sometimes during Mass that my soul wants to take flight at particular songs that are sung; when the melody and singers are in complete sync with each other. I don't know how to describe the joy that fills the soul in prayer that is sung united. It seems after I walked through God's Spirit the intensity of sacred music has affected me deeply. That is why I say the joy is indescribable. The songs come alive within my soul. I never knew music could do that. But then again receiving Communion is not only a joy it is a burning desire, to join myself with My Father, that no sacrifice is too great. It's as if I become alive when the Liturgy of the Eucharist begins. The desire becomes so great I have to keep myself from becoming overwhelmed with the intense passion of love that envelops me. I know for a lot of people it's hard to believe that Jesus can be real in a wafer of bread. The Eucharist is The Life of God on Earth.

No comments: