Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Second Tuesday of Our Advent Journey

What is your opinion? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills and go in search of the stray? (NAB) Matthew 18:12

Yes, we would go in search of the stray. At least I know I would. I can identify with this, because all too often when I've lost something I would do an all out search until I found it. That means that I would drop what I was doing and do exactly what I just said. At home I would do this, but at work I work do both so as not to get behind on my work either. And let me tell you, I most definitely rejoiced when I found what I searched for. If we think about it, when someone is lost in the woods, or some place else, don't we call a search party for this lost person. Don't we basically leave behind our living to go in search of another human being. To bring them home. How we rejoice when they are found. In those moments of searches we are imitating Jesus, because that is exactly what he does. He searches for us so he can bring us back home.

No comments: