Friday, February 24, 2006

Do Not Trouble Yourself By Complaining

Do not complain, brothers and sisters, about one another, that you may not be judged. Behold, the Judge is standing before the gates. Take as an example of hardship and patience, brothers and sisters, the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because the Lord is compassionate and merciful. But above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath, but let your “Yes” mean “Yes” and your “No” mean “No,”that you may not incur condemnation. James 5:9-12
This reading reminded me of a time, where I worked and the workers pretty much all complained about something or other about the job, the company, the person they worked next to, and so forth. There was a time when I tried to say something while I worked, and I felt I did not have the right to complain. Little did I realize why at the time. And we think when people complain, that we have the same right to do so, how wrong in that thinking, for in today's reading pretty much tells us not to do it, but we do it anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good Marie you are inspiring.