Monday, April 03, 2006

Joy in Coincidence

Yesterday was our formation class for the Postulants. It was a beautiful day to be shared in community with the many Dominicans. After our class there was Mass, and then a meeting for all the Third Order Dominicans. The reason I'm writing about this is because something was done that was also done here through another blog (A Catholic Life), who had a Saint picked for those who wanted one. Anyway, they did this yesterday. I was delightfuly surprised when I had this strong pull to take this one particular piece of paper. I was surprised to find that I chose Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati. You see, in February we had the grace to have his relics at one of the meetings and to learn about his life. When I kissed the Reliquary I felt such warmth on my side, and again when it was touched to a specific spot, there was again warmth at this spot. God's grace has a wonderful way of coming about. I was given a special blessed to be mine, and for me to pray for him.

For me this was indeed very coincidental, it was a joy, for this special Blessed is indeed pure of heart.

No comments: