Monday, April 03, 2006

Monday, Fifth Week of Lent

Prayer of Jeremiah

You know, O Lord,
that man is not master of his way;
Man's course is not within his choice,
nor is it for him to direct his step.
Punish us, O Lord, but with equity,
not in anger, lest you have us dwindle
away.
Pour out your wrath on the nations that
know you not,
on the tribes that call not upon your
name;
For they have devoured Jacob utterly,
and laid waste his dwelling.
Jeremiah 10:23-25

Today it seems my mind feels as if it has been laid waste. Ever have one of those days when nothing seems to come to mind. Those days happen when we let too many things invade our thoughts, and not let God be the main focus of our time. Yet, the first thought is of Him. So somewhere in the back of my mind I must have many small invasions that take away from God's purpose. These can be called many small worries. I strive to hand them over with the utmost care to Him. So today I asked God to direct my path to guide my way, I was rewarded with this prayer of Jeremiah. It was His way of saying that my path is not my own, but is from God who guides me. I accept this, as I accept his call, I have answered, and so has He.

No comments: