Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Do We Believe?

So they said to Jesus,
“Sir, give us this bread always.”
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life;
whoever comes to me will never hunger,
and whoever believes in me will never thirst.”
John 6:34-35


I believe! Do you? There is a Priest that comes to my Parish to fill in when Father is on vacation. He says something that is very true, not everyone believes that Jesus is in the bread (Eucharist). And how none of us are truly worthy of receiving Him. Thats pretty sad, when we think about it. How often we go to receive Him with thoughts of other things on our minds. For example, are we sizing up the person in front of us, or is our gaze focused on the cross. Have we gone to confession to empty our hearts of impurities before hand. In today's reading Jesus reveals who he is and where we will always find him. When we believe in this we will no longer thirst. The thirst that we tend to go everywhere else to find, the source of happiness and peace. We search by way of others and through the many religions out there, yet never being satisfied, until we come to believe that yes, here is truly the bread of life as Jesus long ago had stated. The Eucharist is where he has given us Him always. I didn't need to see to believe this, I knew he has always been in this most precious place for a long time.

No comments: