Monday, May 08, 2006

Your Name is it Being Called

But whoever enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
The gatekeeper opens it for him, and the sheep hear his voice,
as he calls his own sheep by name
. John 10:2-3

For me, part of hearing God's call is hearing him call me by name. Through the years, on and off I have interiorly heard my name called. Talk about looking foolish, I would ask the people I'm near, what, did you need something. The looks I got now that I think about it are funny. At the time it wasn't. It was in those times I questioned my own sanity. But the beauty of it came together. It took me some time to realize I was being called by name. This pretty much happened most of my life, but not until recently in the past few years has it become more so. Was I closed off to God's calling my name, yes because I was afraid.

Now the question is have any heard their name being called, and shoved it aside as to think it may be a psychic thing. It's not a psychic thing, nor will it ever be. If a person is on mind bending drugs then no question about the source. It takes discernment in a huge way to understand. That and piecing a huge puzzle together to see the whole picture or parts of it to understand that it is divine in nature.

Then the next thing is to respond to his calling you by name, and not put it off.

No comments: