Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Twelve

Jesus sent out these Twelve after instructing them thus,"Do not go into pagan territory or enter a Samaritan town. Go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. As you go, make this proclamation: 'The Kingdom of heaven is at hand.'" Matthew 10:5-7

What would happen if Twelve people all of a sudden went out and proclaimed the "Kingdom of heaven is at hand?" What would the result be? Imagine first Jesus doing his miracles, how much more effective this message would be. The Twelve were also given the gift to heal and drive out demons as Jesus did. Today we reap the fruit of what they have sowed two thousand years ago.

Again, what would happen today if Twelve went out to proclaim "The Kingdom of heaven is at hand?" Would the results be just as effective today as it was in Jesus' time. Or would the Twelve be labeled as fanatics, as we so kindly label people who do God's work with zeal. We all know how we think, so now it's up to us to think about this. What would we think and do if Twelve today went out to proclaim that the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. Would we begin to think all sorts of things, and let our imaginations run havoc, or would we begin to pray for discernment? Pray for God's grace to touch us as his Kingdom is near.

When we pray, we invite God's kingdom to come close to us. We pray so that God's Kingdom will dwell within us.

So if Twelve came around proclaiming "The Kingdom of heaven is at hand," say a prayer to say yes, Dear Father may your Kingdom come.

2 comments:

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

Marie,

I received yet another "mailer-daemon" when I clicked on reply to one of your emails and attempted to tell you how to ad links to your blog.

This is the third time I have received this message. Are you receiving my emails? Did you get my instructions?

If not, please let me know. I don't know how much longer I'll be blogging as I leave soon for Religious Life.

Marie Cecile said...

Dear Paul,

No I have not received any emails at all. I will check to see why. If not could your try sending them to this email address: pureheartofgold@aol.com., please.