Monday, October 02, 2006

Memorial of the Guardian Angels

"Naked I came forth from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I go back again. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD!" In all this Job did not sin, nor did he say anything disrespectful of God. Job1:21-22

Reflection:
Ever feel like Job at times, when we think nothing is going smoothly in our lives. Put yourself in Job's place for a few minutes while reading what has been taken away from him, to test his faith. See how much easier your life has been. And for some, not all have had it easy or good, yet their faith is right on the mark.

Why is it that some people are put to the test like Job. We read about it today, how God mentions his servant Job and how upright he is, and satan wants to prove that he will blaspheme God when he loses all. But Job after all he has lost and endured at the hands of satan came through with flying colors. He did God proud in his test.

Do we endure our trials this way, with utmost faith in God. To know that he too surrounds us with his heavenly angels to watch over and protect us. Do we actually understand that when things begin to happen it is not bad luck or, being negative that brings about the trouble, but the test of how strong and faithful we are.

I did a test myself about the situation I am going through. I used every positive thought to bring about results that would make a change in my circumstances. Tell you what I learned, being positive had nothing to do with it, but faith did. And faith in surrendering my will to God's will brought a peace in my trials that I never had before.

When God calls and you answer, you will find things changing in your life that will not always please you. When I look back when he first appeared and took over my life, I did not surrender as well as I thought or accept his call very gracefully. I think a part of me was resentful of the fact that I lost a way of living, where I lost the freedom to do as I please. There are many things I could list and tell you what was taken away, and how it has taken me time to accept that I am being prepared for a new life. And when it all started I thought how very much my life seemed to resemble Job's, and I look toward God and say to Him I love you with all my heart do with me as you will, may yours be mine and mine be yours, I surrender it all to do your loving will.

2 comments:

Chris Dickson, F.L.A. said...

I know all too well where you're coming from. Several years ago I gave everything to God, and you know what?

HE TOOK IT!

House, cars, furniture, income, you name it...HE TOOK IT! And I wrestled with Him over it...(a typical response from almost all of us.)

But I cannot begin to describe to you what He's replaced it with...which is of far greater value and joy!!!

Marie Cecile said...

I understand what you are saying about what he replaced it with. He gives not only joy but peace knowing we are in the right place, in his heart.

No matter what was taken away, nothing on this earth can give what God can only give to a heart surrendered to him, unsurpassed love.

God love you Brother Lesser!