Friday, November 03, 2006

Pray with Joy

I give thanks to my God at every remembrance of you,
praying always with joy in my every prayer for all of you,
because of your partnership for the Gospel
from the first day until now.

Philippians 1:3-5

Reflection:
In Paul's letter to the Philippians, he gave us a wonderful way of praying. Praying with joy! "Praying always with joy in my every prayer for all of you."

We too should be joyous in our prayer for those who share in the Gospel as well as for the multitude who don't. We tend to be so very solemn when we pray for our needs and the needs of others. I know it is hard at times to have joy in our hearts when we have suffered loss, or we are unhappy with the way life is. Yet today Paul has given us joy in prayer.

Let our prayers of sorrow and sadness turn to joy. When we pray, pray with a glad heart. Pray with love.

No comments: