Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time

I will put my laws in their minds and I will write them upon their hearts. I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall not teach, each one his fellow citizen and kin, saying, “Know the Lord,” for all shall know me, from least to greatest.
Hebrews 8:10-11

Reflections:
God is doing just that, putting his laws in their minds and he will write them in their hearts. For he will be their God, and they shall be his people.

We should not be afraid to speak about God at all, yet we have been conditioned by those who don't want to know or understand his ways. Yet God's way is love, and it's not hard at all to follow.

So why is it so hard to teach people about God's love? This is one of his laws isn't it? Love God first, then love your neighbor as yourself. Jesus basically told us what we need to do. LOVE!

And we all ask what we are doing wrong. But we all tend to love selfishly, we love ourselves, yes, but it is in how we love ourselves. It is in the way we are always going, me, me, me. I want, I need, etc. Maybe we could change it to what we need, what we would like, and begin focusing not on ourselves but on those around us.

After all God is love, and he wants to share that love so very much with all of us, not just one or two, but all.



No comments: